Headteacher’s Blog #15 05/01/2018
- Diary Date for next week
- Thursday 11 January Year 11 Parents’ Evening
- Downham Market Academy’s previous Trust had intended to go through a re-structuring process but, due to the re-brokerage, this was delayed. The new Trust is now undertaking this process, which will conclude by the end of the Spring Term.
- Congratulations to 349 students who all had 100% attendance for the previous half term – certificates will be awarded in assemblies next week.
- Year 11
- Parents’ Evening is next Thursday (11 January). If you have not yet made appointments with your child’s teachers, please do so using the online booking system (parents-booking.co.uk/downhammarket) or if you are experiencing problems with the system, please do get in touch with your child’s Head of House.
- As feedback from the recent mock exams is digested, we encourage all students to make the most of the extra sessions that are open to them during “period 6” – either at lunchtime or the end of the day. The most recent timetable is available on the website.
- All students should know their English Literature texts now. Please support revision at home through discussion, working on revision guides, watching film versions. Learning quotations is a must! Please direct any questions to your child’s English teacher or bring to Parents’ Evening next week. Homework this half term is Poetry revision (15 poems with a theme of conflict); BBC Bitesize is an excellent resource.