Headteacher’s Blog #18 26/01/2018
- Diary Date for next week
- Wednesday 31 January Years 8 and 9 girls’ HPV immunisations
- Students have made an excellent start to the new calendar year, with those in Years 9, 10 and 11 well into their GCSE and vocational courses. It is important that students focus on their current units and progress, and we expect students to stay in those classes as changing now often yields lesser outcomes for our students to take with them. Our focus now will be on making these courses as successful as possible. We will review Year 9 language predictions again later in the year.
- The March V-cert exam timetable for some Year 10 and 11 students is available to view on the Downham Market Academy website under Exams Information. Individual student timetables will be issued prior to the exams starting.
- Kallum Peach came first in the Norfolk Ten Pin Bowling trials at the weekend and will now represent Norfolk U12s.
- Owen Stacey has been selected for the West Norfolk U12 Cricket
- The U13 Rugby team displayed their skills in the West Norfolk All Schools Development event this week, winning 3 out of 5 matches.
Well done to you all.
- This year’s Drama production, The Real True Story (an adaptation of Hansel and Gretel), will take place at 7.00 pm Thursday 8 and Friday 9 February; tickets are available from the Finance Office (£5/adult, £3/child).
- Last Friday, musicians from Downham Market Academy, Nelson Academy and Hillcrest Primary School enjoyed the most amazing musical workshop run by Colin Virr and his team of professional musicians from Aldeburgh Young Musicians.
Students composed, performed and had lots of fun creating a composition from scratch. They shared ideas, improvised and worked together in developing their musical skills. Anna Greenhill performed confidently on her cello, inspiring us all as she demonstrated how to take part in a mock audition.
- Please come along and browse through the car boot sale at our Bexwell Road site on Sunday (28th) 9.00 am until 12 noon.