Headteacher’s Blog #26 20/04/2018
- Diary dates for next week
- Thursday 26 April Year 10 Parents’ Evening
- We have some fantastic resources and study spaces at the Academy for students to use and we are pleased to be able to offer them to students in Year 11 to carry out their final preparations for exams.
- From next week, the Library will be open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for Year 11 students to complete independent study before the Academy day from 6.30 until 8.30 am for the early birds and from 3.00 until 8.00 pm for those who prefer to work later. If your child is interested in making use of the space, please let Mr Eastwood know (email@example.com).
- End of Year Tests will be held in class during the week beginning 14 May.
- Students in Years 7 and 8 will be taking tests in the following subjects:
English Maths Science History Geography
Religious Studies Modern Foreign Languages.
- Students in Year 9 will be taking tests in all the subjects that they are studying.
- Years 7 and 8 students will be spending time this term focusing on Dance as part of their Performing Arts curriculum.
- Many thanks to those parents/carers who have returned their child’s Data Collection Sheet. Please ensure that any change to your child’s contact or medical information is notified to the Academy as soon as possible.
- The Science Department will be running focussed revision sessions in Period 6 (3.00 – 4.00 pm) every Friday in S10 as below:
20 April B1 Mr Eastwood and Miss Parkinson
27 April C1 Dr Paine and Miss Grice
4 May P1 Mrs Cornelius and Miss Cooke
11 May B2 Mr Gambold and Mrs Roberts-Anchor
18 May C2 Dr Bidd and Dr Paine
25 May P2 Mrs Cornelius and Mr Gambold
8 June Last minute drop in session all Science staff
AQA B1 = chapters 1 – 4
AQA B2 = chapters 5 – 8
AQA C1 = chapters 1 – 5
AQA C2 = chapters 6 – 10
AQA P1 = chapters 1 – 4
AQA P2 = chapters 5 – 7
- The Department has applied for a partnership grant from the Royal Society to run an extra-curricular Science club with Edu-lab. This should be a really exciting venture where students will be able to complete experiments using microscale science.
- We would also like to apply for an outreach grant from the Royal Society of Chemistry, however we need to find links to RSC members who would like to work with us. If you have any contacts in this area please email Dr Paine on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The top points earners in each Year group across the academic year will get a guaranteed ‘seat on the bus’ for the end of year rewards trip. The current top students in each Year group are: