Headteacher’s Blog #30 18/05/2018
- The Year 11 exams are well underway now and it is so good to see the students feeling positive about those that have been and gone so far. Already; Computing, French and RE are totally finished! The revision timetable continues next week for Year 11 students when we provide them with some last minute reminders before each exam.
- The Years 10 and 12 end of year exam timetables are now available to view on the Academy website. Individual student timetables will be issued just before half term.
- A reminder that the Year 7 Parents’ Evening is on Thursday 07 June and you can make appointments through the online booking system.
- With effect from 04 June 2018 our Free School Meal allowance will be increasing from £2.10 to £2.30. If you receive free school meals the adjustment will happen automatically so you won’t need to do anything.
- Students from the Sixth Form this week took part in the Royal Society of Chemistry Young Analysts competition at the University of East Anglia. The students competed against 14 other schools from across East Anglia to analyse and identify different substances using University level analytical techniques. Our students were complimented by the UEA Chemistry Department staff for their focus and exemplary practical skills. They did a fantastic job and were a credit to the Academy.
- On Wednesday evening, 50 students went to Norwich to see SHIFT; an acrobatic production in a circus tent as part of this year’s Norfolk and Norwich Festival. The students were amazed by the awe-inspiring lifts, contact and tricks involved in the highly physical performance. The piece was performed by 4 acrobats from Barely Methodical Troupe – an experimental acrobatic circus company who fuse contemporary dance with parkour, b-boying and tricks. A truly impressive performance that left all the students – and staff – wishing they could spin on their heads!
- You might be interested in the Lynn News article about Downham Market Academy student Annie’s life with ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis):
- The top points earners in each Year group across the academic year will get a guaranteed ‘seat on the bus’ for the end of year rewards trip. The current top students in each Year group are: