Headteacher’s Blog #32 04/06/2018
- Diary dates for next week
- Wednesday 13 June Bullying Survey Deadline
- Friday 15 June Existing Parent Pay System Deactivation
- Please check the Downham Market Academy website for information regards how and when to collect GCSE & GCE results. This will also tell you what you need to do if you are away on Results Day.
Please note that due to new GDPR rules we must have a signed letter from the student to enable parents or other third parties to collect results on behalf of students. A text or email is no longer permitted.
The information can be found under the Exams Information tab on the website.
- This term our work in PSHE each morning will focus around the role that each student plays as part of our community at Downham Market Academy and in the local area.
This week we have been looking at what bullying is and what bullying takes place at the Academy. All students have completed a survey that will form the basis of more activities later on this term in ensuring the Anti-bullying Policy reflects our Academy. We would also like parents’ input on this – you can provide your feedback using the survey link below (all responses by Wednesday 13th June please): https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/N53Y3L5
- Year 11 are continuing to work hard for their GCSE exams – English, History and Media all finished this week. Our advice to the students is to keep up with the top effort you are putting in – it will all pay off on results day!
- Over the next few weeks we will be moving over to a new system for on line payments and communication to parents. The letter attached advises of the next steps and on Tuesday a further email will be sent to you by the parentmail system which you will need to use to register to receive communications and make on line payments from Monday 18th June, please remember to check your junk mail.
The current on line payment system will be deactivated on Friday 15th June for making payments for school meals and trips so it is important that you set up your new account as soon as possible. The migration to the new system should happen on the 15 June also but just in case of any down time please ensure your child has money on their account to cover lunch on Monday 18th June.
All balances held in the existing system for trips and school meals will be transferred to the new system, however the transaction history you can see now in the Tucasi, School Cash Office system will no longer be available.
- Homework booklets for the next half term have been given out to students across Y7-10 this week during tutor time. These are also available on the Academy website. If the student has not yet received their homework booklet they will be able to request one from Mrs Knott on reception or through their form tutor. You will find that the tasks have been assigned set and due dates in the booklet, for this reason we will no longer be recording homework on Sims. All students should complete the weekly tasks as set in the booklet. Should you have any queries about the tasks set then please contact the relevant Head of Department.
|Year 7||Pts This Year||Year 8||Pts This Year|
|WILSON, Liza||68||YU, Kelly||54|
|SAMOUELLE, Finn||58||HOLLOWAY, Abbie-Jo||53|
|KNAPP, Georgina||56||GILBERT, Jemma||48|
|CALLABY, Lydia||51||DIMOCK, Lydia||44|
|GREENLAND, Savanna||50||ATTWELL, Ruby||41|
|WOODGATE, Chloe||47||JOHN, Lauren||41|
|THORPE, Erin||46||PYWELL, Daisy||41|
|BORODKA, Alfie||45||SIVELL, Neve||41|
|CROMARTY, Scarlett||45||WEBB, Hannah||41|
|BENNETT, Eleanor||44||JONES, Phoebe||40|
|Year 9||Pts This Year||Year 10||Pts This Year|
|FULLJAMES, Sophie||69||CARTER, Joanna||47|
|LANCHESTER, Izzy||69||ADAMS, Keelan||46|
|BALL, Aaron||60||OBEY, Jack||39|
|GRABINSKI, Szymon||56||METCALF, Annabel||35|
|MARTIN, Rowan||56||BISHOP, Jack||32|
|PALMER, Evelyn||56||DRIVER, Dominic||32|
|SCOTT, Abigail||52||LORAM, Maisie||31|
|SCOTT, Amber||47||PORTER, Sophie||31|
|WILLIAMSON, Thomas||46||RANDALL, Alfie||31|
|WOODHOUSE, Skye||45||FISHER, Abigail||30|