Headteacher’s Blog #33 15/06/2018
- As we are approaching the end of the A Level exams I would like to congratulate the year 13’s on their hard work throughout the exam period. It is pleasing to see that this diligence is paying off in the exam hall.
- All year 13 students are invited to the Leavers’ Breakfast at Arbuckles on the 29th June. This is a great chance to say goodbye to the Ryston staff before the Leavers’ Ball which is taking place in the Town Hall the same evening.
- This week we took 35 year 12 students to the UEA Higher Education Conference. There were over 100 Higher Education providers available to talk to and the students returned with armfuls of prospectuses. Students in year 12 are currently planning their open day visits to inform their choices for university which will be completed next term.
- We have lots of extra-curricular activities on offer for the year 12s in the coming weeks including a Biodiversity Conference, motivational speakers and our Post 18 event.
- The National Citizen Service has been in to talk to students about getting involved in the scheme. There are loads of opportunities on offer to students of varying ages including residential trips at massively discounted prices. Further details are available on their website: http://www.ncsyes.co.uk/
- The majority of exams for Year 11 are now over with only a few remaining next week. We are really impressed at the dedication students have shown and hope that their efforts are rewarded in the summer with good grades that will enable them to move on to their next venture.
- All Year 9 students should have received a letter during form time about a trip to London next March. This trip will be invaluable in supporting them with their Religious Studies GCSE course next year as well as being a great personal experience. If your son/daughter is in year 9 and has not received a letter, please ask them to see Mrs Ring or Mrs Knott in reception and they will be able to provide them with a copy. Please note that the deposit and reply slips for this trip are due on or before 6th July 2018
On 29th June those students who are in the top 100 “above and beyond points” scorers will be sent an invitation for the rewards trip to Alton Towers on 16th July. Keep an eye on the rewards information!
- We are really appreciative of all the donations for our cupcake sale today for Alzheimer’s Society. Year 9 Health and Social Care students have excelled. We look forward to sharing our donation amount with you next week.
- We are delighted that former student Sergeant Kevin Stannard has been awarded an MBE. Sgt Stannard who left in 1995 has been awarded the MBE in recognition of his unique contribution to Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM). He has pushed to develop the scale and quality of RAF STEM engagement and influenced thousands of young people. A big congratulations to Sgt Stannard!
- The top point’s earners in each Year group across the academic year will get a guaranteed ‘seat on the bus’ for the end of year rewards trip. The current top students in each Year group are:
|Year 7||Year 8|
|WILSON, Liza||69||HOLLOWAY, Abbie-Jo||54|
|GREENLAND, Savanna||65||YU, Kelly||54|
|SAMOUELLE, Finn||60||GILBERT, Jemma||48|
|KNAPP, Georgina||58||DIMOCK, Lydia||45|
|CALLABY, Lydia||54||SHAMBROOK-HAY, Harry||43|
|MOONEY, Ruby||50||JONES, Phoebe||42|
|THORPE, Erin||48||SIVELL, Neve||42|
|WOODGATE, Chloe||47||ATTWELL, Ruby||41|
|CROMARTY, Scarlett||46||JOHN, Lauren||41|
|BORODKA, Alfie||45||PYWELL, Daisy||41|
|CHILVERS, Eleanor||45||WEBB, Hannah||41|
|Year 9||Year 10|
|LANCHESTER, Izzy||73||CARTER, Joanna||49|
|FULLJAMES, Sophie||69||ADAMS, Keelan||48|
|BALL, Aaron||60||OBEY, Jack||41|
|GRABINSKI, Szymon||58||DRIVER, Dominic||37|
|MARTIN, Rowan||56||METCALF, Annabel||37|
|PALMER, Evelyn||56||FISHER, Abigail||35|
|SCOTT, Abigail||52||BISHOP, Jack||32|
|SCOTT, Amber||47||HIGGINS, Elliot||31|
|WILLIAMSON, Thomas||46||LORAM, Maisie||31|
|WOODHOUSE, Skye||45||PORTER, Sophie||31|