Headteacher’s Blog #34 22/06/2018
- Diary dates for next week
29 June 2018 – Year 11 Prom
- Thank you to all the parents who contributed to the bullying survey – we did something similar with all students and staff over the last couple of weeks. The results are really interesting and students will be contributing to updating the anti-bullying policy over the next two weeks.
- The GCSE’s are finally over with the last few students completing German, Dance, Childcare Further Maths and Product Design exams this week. Well done to everyone completing the exams – enjoy your long summer holiday and recharge the batteries ready for the next phase!
- Year 9 and 12 students enjoyed a motivational talk by Kamal Hyman this week (kamalhyman.co.uk) and some took part in small workshops. Kamal used his own experience to highlight the need for self-belief, determination and dedication to succeed and we hope that all students were inspired by this to be the best that they can be in all aspects of life, not just at the Academy.
- DMA were delighted to welcome Kate Evans CEO of Anglian Learning Trust for the day on 21st Kate spent the day meeting staff and students as well as visiting 30 classes. Kate’s feedback at the end of the day was how impressed she was with our students and the quality of teaching. Thank you to everyone involved for making it such a successful day.
- Today we are hosting over 300 year 5 pupils from our feeder primary schools at a Harry Potter Hogwarts extravaganza themed open day at our sixth form. More details to follow in next week’s blog.
- Students who attended the Norfolk Athletics this week performed exceptionally well and we are very proud of the fantastic results which follow:-
Rachael Johnson came 2nd in 800m
Jay Liczibinski came 3rd in high jump
Alfie Williams came 1st in shotput and 3rd in 100m relay
Lucy Oakley came 1st in shotput
Callum Racey came 2nd in 1500m
Josh Brooke came 1st in javelin, 3rd in 100m and 3rd in relay.
Amber Scott came 2nd in long jump and 2nd in 100m
The rest of our students who competed helped the West Norfolk to come 3rd out of the 8 teams. This is the highest placing we have ever received so well done to all who took part!
- The top point’s earners in each Year group across the academic year will get a guaranteed ‘seat on the bus’ for the end of year rewards trip. The current top students in each Year group are:
|Year 7||Year 8|
|WILSON, Liza||69||HOLLOWAY, Abbie-Jo||56|
|GREENLAND, Savanna||67||YU, Kelly||54|
|SAMOUELLE, Finn||60||GILBERT, Jemma||49|
|KNAPP, Georgina||59||DIMOCK, Lydia||46|
|CALLABY, Lydia||56||JOHN, Lauren||43|
|MOONEY, Ruby||50||JONES, Phoebe||43|
|CROMARTY, Scarlett||48||SHAMBROOK-HAY, Harry||43|
|THORPE, Erin||48||SIVELL, Neve||43|
|WOODGATE, Chloe||48||ATTWELL, Ruby||41|
|BENNETT, Eleanor||46||LAUDER, Tillye||41|
|BORODKA, Alfie||46||WEBB, Hannah||41|
|Year 9||Year 10|
|LANCHESTER, Izzy||73||CARTER, Joanna||49|
|FULLJAMES, Sophie||69||ADAMS, Keelan||48|
|BALL, Aaron||60||OBEY, Jack||41|
|GRABINSKI, Szymon||58||DRIVER, Dominic||37|
|MARTIN, Rowan||56||METCALF, Annabel||37|
|PALMER, Evelyn||56||BISHOP, Jack||35|
|SCOTT, Abigail||52||FISHER, Abigail||35|
|SCOTT, Amber||47||HIGGINS, Elliot||31|
|WILLIAMSON, Thomas||46||LORAM, Maisie||31|
|WOODHOUSE, Skye||45||PORTER, Sophie||31|