Headteacher’s Blog #37 13/07/2018
- Diary dates for next week
- 16th July – Rewards Trip to Alton Towers
- This week we held our Year 6 taster days with students from our feeder schools attending to immerse themselves in DMA life for three days. The students thoroughly enjoyed themselves and we look forward to welcoming them in September.
- On Tuesday 10th July we held our annual sports day with students competing in various track and field events. All competitors did brilliantly and I am pleased to announce Peake House as the winners! Congratulations to all who took part and to those who organised such a fantastic day.
- It’s been an incredibly busy week at Sixth Form. We’ve held both the Post 16 and Post 18 careers events – it was great to see so many alumni return to share their fantastic experiences and offer advice to our students as they make some very important decisions for next year.
- We also thoroughly enjoyed holding the Year 10 A Level Taster day at the Sixth Form. The students experienced life as a Sixth Former for the day and took part in A Level lessons. There was a great number of exciting lessons to choose from, ranging from festival tents to Jack the Ripper to rat dissection! Thank you to all the parents who joined us for lunch.
We look forward to meeting our new Year 12 students on Monday. Students will be trying out their lessons and enjoying some social activities at lunch time
We are still accepting applications for September 2018; please contact us for information on courses.
- We are very excited to announce that we have been awarded £1.3 Million by the governments Condition improvement Fund (CIF) which will be used to replace the academy windows and walkways. This will have a dramatic effect on the academy’s appearance and work is set to be complete by the end of next term.
- There are still tickets available for the operating theatre live event happening here at the 6th Form building visit operatingtheatrelive.co.uk for more information on this.
- I am pleased to announce the re-launch of our school Facebook page which will feature news on events happening here at DMA please visit us at https://www.facebook.com/DownhamMarketAcademy
- A reminder that the academy closes at 12:30pm on Tuesday 24th July for the term. Buses will collect students at 12:35pm. We reopen for all students on Tuesday 4th September 2018.