Headteacher’s Blog #8 03/11/2017
- Next Monday (6th) Year 11 students will enjoy an English carousel study day; they will spend an hour with each Year 11 teacher, preparing for the different areas of the imminent English Language and English Literature mock examinations. They will have exclusive access to the lower end of the English block for the day. They will need to bring their Language and Literature class books as well as any Macbeth or Inspector Calls texts or revision guides they have. A hot drink and snack will be provided at break time. It will be a busy and rewarding day!
- The new extra-curricular timetable for this half term is now up and running (click here). There are a number of new opportunities including the Bakugan Club, Woodwind Group, Voice Squad and many more.
- The Year 9 rugby team beat Framingham Earl 40-38 on Wednesday. The boys performed brilliantly, man of the match was Josh Brooke for his 35 points!
- Year 10 students from seven Norfolk and Suffolk schools took part in an interactive workshop event at RAF Marham yesterday to learn how important STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subjects are for the military. Eight stalls stationed at the base air hangar gave students insight into how RAF equipment is linked to STEM subjects, including dealing with fuel spills, detecting damage within engines and survival equipment. Downham Market Academy’s 15 students won the BAE Systems prize of an F35 model, the jet coming to Marham in January 2018, which will be displayed.
- Years 11, 12 and 13 November exam timetables are available to view on the Downham Market Academy website under Exams Information. Please ensure that you view these for your information. Individual student timetables will be issued prior to the exams starting.