Uniform and PE Kit
The academy uniform is formal and is clearly defined and we expect all students to wear it correctly with pride. It is expected that all students will wear the uniform unless there is a valid medical or cultural reason why a student cannot wear a particular item or why they have to wear an additional garment. Any student refusing to wear the correct uniform will be withdrawn from lessons until the matter is rectified.
For details of the Downham Market Academy Sixth Form dress code, please click here.
- Blazer Navy, single breasted with academy badge these must be worn at all times
- Shirt white, collared buttoned to neck (short or long sleeved)
- Tie academy house colour, neatly knotted to cover top button and reaching waistband
- Jumper from official uniform supplier; navy V neck with academy badge (no alternative is acceptable)
- Trousers (boys/girls) from official uniform supplier; grey, tailored trousers, not tight fitting/stretchy/denim
- Shorts (boys/girls) – smart shorts (no casual styles of fabrics) may be worn at any time during the year, as an alternative to trousers/skirts. They should be grey and approximately knee length or longer.
- Skirt (girls) from official uniform supplier; straight fit grey with back slit, worn at knee length
- Belt (if needed) Black, brown or navy belt with a discreet buckle
- Socks (boys/girls) Socks of any colour and style may be worn, although black, charcoal grey and navy socks are recommended
- Tights (girls) are optional. If worn, they should be natural tan, plain black or plain charcoal grey
- Shoes Plain black, school-wear shoes, including black trainers (with no logos, tick or stripes)
- Coat these should be removed before entering classrooms, unless there are exceptional circumstances, as decided by the teacher
For sports, outdoor and dance activities, students must wear appropriate selections from the following:
- Polo/rugby shirt from official uniform supplier; in your academy house colour, with academy badge
- Shorts/tracksuit bottoms (boys/girls) plain black or grey
- Skirt (girls) plain black or grey
- Rugby/football socks plain black or grey
- Indoor trainers (boys/girls) or studded boots (boys)/outdoor trainers (girls)
- Gum shields (rugby and hockey)/shin guards (football and hockey)
- Fitted t-shirt/leggings/tracksuit bottoms (dance) plain black or grey
The following is not permitted:
- Boots, sandals, fashion shoes such as sling-backs, kitten heels, court shoes, pumps or open-backed/open-toed shoes
- Sports caps, patterned or designer hats
- The wearing of makeup is not permitted in Years 7 and 8
- Brightly coloured or patterned nail varnish, including false nails and extensions
- Extreme hair styles and colours
- Large belt buckles with brands and/or logos
- No jewellery, other than one small stud in each ear and a watch
Uniform is available to purchase from Stratford’s in King’s Lynn. Details for ordering can be found on the order form which can be downloaded here.